Zombie apocalypse survival game in a sandbox style
- Category Action
- Program license Full Version
- Version Preview beta
- Works under: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 7
- Program available in English
- Program by Sony Online Entertainment
H1Z1 is an open-world survival MMO game where your only goal is to survive.
The game opens up in the middle of a zombie apocalypse caused by a variant of Swine Flu (H1N1) known as H1Z1 (Z, of course, being for “zombie”).
You’ll be fighting large hoards of zombies, other players (hostile survivors), bears, wolves and others that will kill you on sight. But it’s important to stress that this isn’t just a shooter game – it’s a survival game.
That means that not only will you have to fight your way through hostile NPCs and other players, but you’ll also have to learn how to make a good shelter, craft useful items and use your wits to survive.
But this game isn’t just about PvP (player vs. player), it’s also about working in teams to make sure everyone survives. This game can be played lone-wolf run ‘n gun style, but if you really want to get the most out of this game you’re going to want to join up with a team of survivors and really get into the spirit of the game.
Co-op is something that really makes H1Z1 stand out in the survival MMO genre. Most of these games focus on getting to the top of leaderboards alone, but there are some things like drops that you can’t get access to when you play on your own.
It’s important to keep in mind that while H1Z1: Just Survive is fully stable, H1Z1: King of the Kill is still very much in development and can be prone to glitches and errors. This means that you can expect disconnects from the server, a higher prevalence of cheaters and other issues like that until the game leaves alpha.
Aside from the fact that H1Z1: King of the Kill is still in beta (with no set date of release, as of this writing), both games provide a fun and interesting survival experience though an apocalyptic rural America. We can’t think of many other games where you can fight zombie hoards, wolves and other players, so if you’re looking for fast paced action H1Z1 is definitely worth checking out.
- Choose from a Variety of Modes Choose between strict PvP (player vs. player), PvE (player vs. environment) and Battle Royale style games.
- Craft Everything The recipe system isn’t always the most intuitive, but in this game you’ll be able to craft virtually everything you need to survive – even materials to build better shelters!
- Persistent Shelters and Resources It’s hard to stay alive in the world of H1Z1, but any shelter you build will remain even after you die – you’ll just have to remember where it is and make your way back to where you left off.
- Expect Some Bugs This game is still in development (and always will be, being an MMO), so expect a few bugs here and there.